Tuesday 22 January 2013

Learning to crochet

At the start of the year I listed a number of things I wanted to achieve this year, one was to set up a blog (tick) and another was to learn to crochet.

Now I've had a number of attempts at this crafty craft - I've ordered books from the library - fail.  I've bought books recommended by people who can crochet - fail.  I attended a session at Toft Alpaca - fail.  I had a one-on-one session at the Knitting & Stitching Show in Harrogate - sort of worked, though she did tell me that not everyone is able to crochet!!!

Yesterday I was planning on meeting my friend Lottie who had promised to teach me to crochet.  At the last minute she came down with a migraine (was it that frightening?) and had to cancel.  With the whole day free, I was determined to achieve something.

With the help of You Tube and Melanie at Iheartstitching I began....



It didn't look quite like the one on the screen but I continued and some time later I had managed to make this one....




By now my confidence was growing and it wasn't quite as hard as at the beginning, in fact now it was getting quite addictive....



I'm loving this.  I may not be an expert yet but I am determined to continue with my new-found skill and, who knows, maybe I will learn to crochet in a straight line and not just in a circle!

G x


4 comments :

  1. Woooo hoooo!!!
    I say, blogging and crocheting...and its still January!
    I suppose this means I have to start an Etsy shop,
    D x
    Ps So proud of you .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will get there sweet lady and be so proud when you do rxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Rachelle, I'm still practising and one day will be able to do some of what you do - I hope! G x

      Delete

Please make my day by leaving a comment. x