Friday 3 May 2013

Bag lady

It was time for a bit more crafting with Lottie this week.  I asked her if she minded being mentioned on the blog so much, thankfully she said she didn't!  We decided that we were going to make messenger bags based on the tutorial in Mollie Makes no 10 by Jane from teawagontales.  I already own two of her bags as I haven't had the courage to try to make one of my own, and I love the ones she has for sale so it isn't difficult to press buy when looking at her etsy shop!



My first Tea Wagon bag




My second one!

The whole bag wasn't completed in a day though as we spent so long deciding which fabrics we were going to use that it was lunchtime before we even began!  I decided that for my main fabric I was going to use a piece of the curtains that were left in our kitchen when we bought our house three years ago.  The strap was from a pillowcase, the lining I bought in Abakhan and the pocket is a piece that I got from Jane herself!  I finished it all off with a Cath Kidston button. 

Ta- dah!






Jane's fabric peeking out!

What do you think?  It was surprisingly easier than I thought it would be so I think I might be trying to make another one!  Only not for a while as I have to work full-time for the next two weeks so no crafting for this lady until the end of the month!

I also had a wonderful surprise this week in the form of a present from Lazy Daisy Jones!  Two beautiful hand-made cats for the girls and a bag for my crochet bits and pieces.  Unfortunately I can't show a picture of the cats as the camera has decided to play up - hubby won't be impressed when I tell him, but I'll put them onto my next post if I can.  I was so touched and still am by her kindness. 




How pretty is this?!

I've also been asked by Pretty Nostalgic Magazine to set up a vintage book club here too.  Our first meeting is this month and we have been given Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen to read.  I'll let you know how it goes!

Enjoy your bank holiday - I think we will probably be heading off to the zoo, again!

G x

3 comments :

  1. I knew you would make a great job :) no stopping you now there will bags everywhere ;) xxx have a lovely weekend xxx Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane but it's all down to your instructions and talent in the first place x

      Delete
  2. I am so glad you like it....its a large bag.....so you can stuff it full of all your bits.....I do like your bag too....well done you! xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Please make my day by leaving a comment. x