Friday 6 September 2013

Super-cute felt animals

Super-cute Felt Animals by Laura Howard
Published by Cico Books
12th September 2013
£12.99







How cute is this snail?!



 I was very lucky this week to receive an early copy of Laura Howard's new book Super-cute Felt Animals to review on the blog.  This is Laura's second book, following on from her first Super-cute Felt which was published a couple of years ago and I've used before.

This book is full of felt animals, ranging from those found at the zoo, to the sea and at home, and is perfect for using up those smaller pieces of felt we all having lying around.  Want to see some of it?  Of course you do!



There's that snail again!
  







On Safari


 The photography is very sharp, and the instructions are clear and concise. 










I have to say, I'm a little worried my embroidery skills won't be up to par for some of the more elaborate creatures, but there are many that don't need any embellishments, like the tiny chicks.



Look at the detail on that zebra!




My girlies both oo-ed and ahh-ed at this book, and pointed at every page asking if they could have this one, then this one, then this one....

There is also a section at the front of the book where Laura gives alternative ideas for the makes, ie brooches, garlands and keyrings to name but a few.

This is a lovely book that contains exactly what it says on the cover - Super-cute Felt Animals.  My biggest dilemna is which to start first?!

G x

3 comments :

  1. Oh this looks a gorgeous book...thank you for the lovely review. I have Laura's first book and it's fab. Another one to add to the ever growing list!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same as Ladybird! I have the first book, and this book would be a dream for my kids to peruse - they'd want me to help them make an entire menagerie! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete

Please make my day by leaving a comment. x