Thursday 12 December 2013

Rummaging around

On Sunday I went up to Stockport for the final Vintage Village market of the year.  If you haven't heard about it, it's held on the second Sunday of every month and is well worth a visit.

I had some birthday pennies to spend so had a very good rummage around.  I also wanted to say hello to Emma again from Oooh Betty as she was there with Maurice, her caravan.

Thankfully the trains run frequently from Crewe to Stockport so I was at the market only 30mins after it opened at 10am.  It was fairly quiet then too so time to grab some bargains!

I found this lovely suitcase




I've been after one for a while,and whilst it's not in perfect condition, it will be ideal to go into Agatha.


I also bought this



I went round about half-a-dozen times and it was still on the shelf so I told myself that if it was still there on my final jaunt then I'd buy it.  It was and no sooner had I handed my pennies over than a woman asked to buy it!   Serendipity me thinks.  Of course, I haven't so much as looked at it since bringing it home as the girlies have been playing shops ever since!


I had to get something from the lovely Emma too, (and can I just add, I have serious hair colour envy after seeing her new 'do')  and I'd seen this clock on her website prior to her going to Stockport.  The question was, would it still be there when I arrived on Sunday?  Well it was, so it's also going into Agatha, along with this marvellous sewing machine print. 




Can you see my clock on the top shelf?




*Both photos are from Emma's website, I hope she doesn't mind me using them.


I also got some more pyrex - a black snowflake bowl and another casserole dish.  I'm still looking for the middle-sized June or Antique Rose dish to replace the one broken last year as I did have the complete three dish set from my grandmother.  Alas, it wasn't to be this time, but one day....!

I also got some fabric that will make a brilliant skirt, if and when I get round to using it.

There were so many lovely stalls and lovely bloggy people there too; Ophelia Button was there with her peg dolls (I almost bought a broach and then didn't :(  but I should have) and Jodi Jo Retro was there too.  Had to get two Miffy's for the girlies for Christmas!



*picture from Jodi Jo Retro Facebook page - hope you don't mind Jodi x


Then a quick pop into the town centre saw me make this purchase in Wilkinsons.  I think everyone needs a reindeer chopping board - don't they?!





Then it was time to board the train home, with many of my goodies stuffed inside my little red suitcase.  Roll on 2014 so I can go up again.


Did you all have a rummaging good weekend?

G x

5 comments :

  1. Sounds like a good weekend! I like your purchases.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to save some pennies and head to Stockport to attend this event soon! Some lovely purchases there x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great weekend
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the chopping board, but will you be able to bring yourself to use it!! I have a chicken and a pig, but I never use them!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that till too! I bet you play shops as well don't you!
    X

    ReplyDelete

Please make my day by leaving a comment. x